SABOT CLASS SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
• Identification of 2-ups: number “2’’ 50x8mm on transom.
(Boat/Sail identification numbers are a normal racing requirement)
• Sail release: Able to lower sail from within boat.
• Paddle: 150x150mm with suitable length lanyard.
• Hand bailer: Min 2 litre with suitable length lanyard.
• Tow rope: To extend 2 boat lengths beyond the bow – min 60mm and secured.
• Rudderbox: Metal pin to attach rudder box or fixed rudder to gudgeons.
• Centreboard: Suitably attached so if capsized it will not fall from case.
• Rudder blade: Suitably attached so if capsized it will not fall from case.
FLYING 11 CLASS SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
• Name, registered number and club name to be displayed on transom
At least 50mm high of contrasting colour.
• Buoyancy vests must be worn.
• Boats must have a 38mm diamatre tow ring at the bow.
• Towline (mainsheet may be used if it can be unbent).
• Mainsail must have a halyard or lock which can be released on the water.
• Centreboard and rudder must be able to be secured.
• Rudder pintle or pins must have securing devices, (split pin or similar)
• Paddle of minimum 388cm sq in size.
• Bailing bucket of minimum 2.2 litres.